Derby City Council was exiting a long term IT outsourcing contract with a large multinational supplier.
The Council was looking to change their IT strategy and needed a more flexible approach that was easier to adjust as the needs of the Council change, and as the impact of budget cuts takes greater effect. The Council explored a number of service delivery models and decided its future would be based on cloud computing, initially through Infrastructure as a Service but moving to Software as a Service. Derby City Council were keen to explore suppliers who were experienced in cloud migration projects, as well as offering long term support to cloud environments.
Derby City Council have seen a wide range of benefits from the deployment.
• Increased organisation agility
• Achieved both greater agility and met targeted budget savings
• Quicker support SLA’s
• Improved server monitoring and optimisation
• Delivered an improved IT service desk portal and better IT asset management tools
• Scalability of software as a service
• Making better use of SCSM