Microsoft in collaboration with Crown Commercial Service (CCS) has recently announced the next generation Public Sector framework. The Digital Transformation Arrangements (DTA) will come into effect from 1st May 2018 and run for three years until 30th April 2021, providing greater access and discounts to assist customers in their use of Microsoft cloud technologies. This new framework further underlines Microsoft’s commitment and vision for assisting the UK Public Sector to embrace a cloud-first, mobile-first policy where ever possible for both new and renewing customers.
In addition, Microsoft have launched a new package specifically for their UK Public Sector customers known as the Security & Compliance Package (SCP). This is available for Public Sector organisations licenced for Microsoft 365 E3 and provides Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Office 365 Advanced Compliance, Windows Defender ATP (E5) and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) E5, which is being looked at by many public sector organisations to support with various industry specific regulations such as PSN, NCSC and GDPR compliance.
The agenda for the day will be as follows:
- 09:30-10:00 – Registration and Breakfast
- 10:00-10:05 – Introductions
- 10:05-10:30 – Why Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance Package (SCP)?
- 10:30-12:00 – Identity & Access Management
- 12:00-12:30 – Lunch
- 12:30-13:30 – Information Protection
- 13:30-14:45 – Threat Protection
- 14:45-15:00 – Break
- 15:00-16:15 – Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance Center
- 16:15-16:30 – Next Steps