This client is a rapidly growing county authority, with an economy regarded as one of the strongest in the country. Serving approximately 528,000 residents, the council has embarked on an ambitious strategy that sets out their medium-term vision for ensuring that their constituency will be a great place to live and work, maintaining the health of the county’s economy, through its core strategic objectives to:
- Safeguard the vulnerable.
- Create opportunities and build self-reliance.
- Ensure the county is thriving and attractive.
To achieve this, the county wants to work with partners to continue to find new and innovative ways of securing services as well as providing value to all residents by delivering services as efficiently as possible.
In addition, The Secretary of State announced in November 2018 the creation of a new Unitary council by April 2020. All district councils which will form the new unitary authority have or are embarking on a modernisation program to replace current Windows 7 devices with Windows 10 prior to January 2020.
The complex nature of this client’s current IT landscape has driven an additional need to consolidate existing services (telephony, identity, mobile devices, etc.) whilst preparing a new domain for the inclusion of all district councils into the new unitary authority. Preparing the new domain and identity services is a core component of the project requirement. Additionally, the client wished to address the design of a Windows 10 build, and rollout of Windows 10 across an estate of approximately 3,500 laptops and 500 desktops.
risual started with Assessment and Strategy; Strategy engagement – strategic view of the Project, the technologies to be considered and the benefits that the Modern, Connected Workplace will bring:
- Office 365 Adoption and Planning – A review of existing business processes and how these can be adapted to take advantage of Office 365 features.
- Modern Desktop Assessment – Assessment using Windows Analytics and Office Readiness to produce recommendations ahead of design and plan activities.
- Health Checks for Azure Directory and Office365 – Understanding the current technical landscape to help control risk and identify a clear Cloud Identity roadmap.
- Health Checks of client Health Partners – Understanding the client’s Health Partners’ technical landscape to help control risks and identify clear options for integration at a future date.
After implementing O365 and Modern Workplace Strategy, risual able to create an optimised, secure, and reliable solution for all of the users. Standardised processes and procedures, as well as a single shared identity and email environment, created an opportunity for cost reduction and integration as a workplace.
It is extremely important to understand the complexity of a client’s environments, the volume of work and the nature of a client so that risual can provide solutions that are tailored and most effective.