risual have been working with a Local Regional Government (LRG) client for many years building a trusted and valued partnership. As many organisations will know first-hand, COVID-19 has come with many business challenges which have needed to be tackled head on.
At the beginning of 2020, the LRG client was still working on legacy systems and manual processes. The client’s environment was Lync 2013 on-premises, which was running on Windows Server 2008r2 (out of support). Alongside quickly moving employees to remote working, the client also wanted to achieve the below:
- A solution which would continue to provide dial tone and voicemail for end users.
- Remote access to telephony services for end users.
- Ensure services have adequate support and run on modern platforms.
- Continue to use existing SIP trunks with seamless migration to Microsoft Teams.
- Remove legacy technology from the environment.
risual and the LRG client evaluated the current challenges and desired outcomes to implement the most appropriate solution. The solutions recommended by risual experts was:
- Microsoft Teams.
- Direct Routing via existing Vodafone/BT SIP trunks and Ribbon SBC.
- Microsoft Teams auto-attendants and call queues.
- Microsoft FastTrack support.
- Reduced the cost of the migration – risual configured the tenant for telephony and developed processes to be repeated by the client to migrate users unaided and at their own pace.
- Continued support for future consolidation – risual provided the client with technical authority and support throughout the migration and increased the use of mobile application communication allowing for future consolidation and rationalisation of licensing.
- Automation – Automated process of recreating Lync response groups using Office 365 services.
- Modern platform for end users – the Microsoft Teams migration now enables a modern platform supported by Microsoft for approximately 4,000 users.
- Training and adoption – Over 40% of the organisation attended council run training sessions.
- Migration suited pace of the council – able to complete migration of over 170 response groups to Auto-Attendants and call queues at a pace that suited them.
risual and the client will continue working together to further develop into a more modernised and digitised organisation.
To find out where else we have supported our clients, please visit our case studies: https://www.risual.com/casestudies/
If you wish to discuss your own business ideas, please contact us on 0300 303 2044 or email email@example.com
Alternatively, you can use the following form to submit your request: https://www.risual.com/contact/