One of the UK’s 36 Metropolitan Councils provides a service to over 530,000 citizens in their local area. Managing this many individuals meant that the council must have the latest processes, technology, and data solutions to provide streamlined services, quick customer services, and a high client satisfaction service. Our client laid out key necessities to performing well:
- A competent and productive workforce
- Correct reporting tools showcasing up to date information
- Technology that supports the infrastructure of the business whilst also providing new avenues to improve
The council has made extensive use of its existing Microsoft investments by provisioning a hybrid Cloud. To further adopt Microsoft capabilities such as cloud hosting and business intelligence reporting, the council is implementing Microsoft 365 to provide all employees with modern productivity and security tools.
- Hybrid cloud hosting (both infrastructure and platform as a services).
- Business intelligence and reporting.
- The establishment of Modern Data Warehouse in Azure.
- The use of Power BI software as a service platform.
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM).
risual encouraged the council to discover new ways of working and new ways to implement technology. Now the business case has been created risual and the council employees will present the benefits, impacts, and changes to company stakeholders.
The client is now seeking approval for the business case before PoCs (Proof of Concepts) can be created and additional planning carried out.