A Midlands based University had several complicated processes. Students of the University needed to their data to be amended, and to request letters from the student hub when evidencing their course attendance.
These requests typically involved multiple emails back and forward between staff and students to gather the required information. Meaning that, Once the requirement was made clear, staff then had to manually create the letters requested.
The university needed a quick and effective automated process to ensure that students enquiries were dealt with, without the need for manual intervention.
risual designed and coded an ASP.NET/.NET Core website called eVision+. This facilitates a streamlined process for students to use to request letters and change any information held against them. Staff are able to use the staff hub section of the website to approve and decline student requests.
The automated solution allows the students to make the changes themselves with a simple approval process for the staff. Therefore, this significantly reduced the amount of time spent on simple requests.
Other benefits included:
- Staff can approve or decline requests from a central location.
- All letters are created automatically
- Students can update their student profile image
- Students can change their personal information.
- Letters are generated in a PDF format.
- Students can request a reference letter.
- Significant reduction in back and forth communication saving a large amount of time for staff.