Microsoft Surface devices have been transforming working workplaces for some time now in offices, at home and on the go. Surface devices provide seamless integration with Microsoft applications and they come full to the brim with innovative features and capabilities all made to make your life easier. Here’s just a small selection of the amazing things you can do with a Surface device!
Working on the go
Almost every Surface device has been created for a busy lifestyle, meaning that you can work, play and design wherever you are. Here are some of the great features that allow you to work on the go:
- Some devices, such as the Surface Pro and Surface Go, allow you to insert a sim card from your mobile operator to allow you to stay connected.
- Use your Surface Pen to make notes in OneNote and leave your paper notebook at home!
- Charge your other devices with the USB port built into your Surface power supply.
Back up your stuff
Having a Recovery Drive is always a good idea because you just never know what seemingly impossible sequence events could lead to you losing ALL of your hard work. If you have a flash drive, you can dedicate it as a Recovery Drive for your Surface.
Personalise your Surface
Surface devices are highly customisation and there are plenty of ways to make your device as if it was made for you:
- Adjust your brightness – simply swipe from the right edge of the touchscreen.
- Personalise your trackpad. (Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad).
- Log in without facial recognition. (Start > Settings > Account > Sign-in Options).
- Personalise your home screen by clicking and holding an app, then click the ellipses to see a variety of options.
Touchscreen short cuts
- Swipe from the right edge of your screen to view the action centre.
- Swipe from the left edge of your screen to switch between apps.
- Tap and hold items for more actions and information. This is the same as a right click on a mouse.
- Pinch and stretch to zoom in and out.