With it being supposedly being ‘Blue Monday’ today I thought I’d share some ways to fight that feeling.
1. Start a small project like decluttering a wardrobe and enjoy that feeling of accomplishment.
2. Make time to see your friends and family.
3. Try something new! For a while now, we’ve known about neuroplasticity and that the brain changes and develops over the course of our lives. Maybe cook a new meal or use a new software programme.
4. Try taking Vitamin D or eating Tuna/Salmon replace the missing vitamin during the winter months.
5. Use a SAD light, less sunlight affects our circadian rhythm and is believed to affect mood or depression.
6. Exercise. Did you know that one hour of aerobic exercise outside has the same therapeutic effects as 2.5 hours of light treatment indoors? This is because it raises serotonin levels, which tend to be lower in the winter months.
7. Take control of your finances. Take a deep breath and tackle them head on.
8. Get some ‘me’ time. This could just be something as simple as listening to music or reading a book.
If you feel more than down than please contact your Doctor or let somebody know!