Many people think migrating their entire CRM system can be daunting. The thought of losing data can put companies off from improving their CRM experience.
However, moving from Salesforce to Dynamics 365 can be simple and fast. This blog will go through the steps on migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365.
Recreating CRM in Dynamics 365 environment:
- Create Dynamics 365 licenses and tenant
- Set up Sandbox and Live instances
- Set company themes and add logo to Dynamics 365
- Recreate the entities and forms that are going to be exported from Salesforce. (For example, these could be Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Cases).
- Make sure any fields that are being mapped over from Salesforce contain the same options in Dynamics 365. (If the options in the fields do not match across the data will not be imported).
- Create any workflows and business rules required.
Exporting data from Salesforce:
- Once you have decided what data needs to be exported, navigate to the reports tab.
- Within the reports, you can create a new report to include all the entries for an entity like Accounts or Contacts.
- While creating a report you can choose which fields you would like to map over to Dynamics 365. (Any fields not exported will be lost if Salesforce is deleted).
- Once the report has been created you can then choose to export to excel.
- This excel can then be used to map the fields to Dynamics 365.
Importing data to Dynamics 365:
- After the data has been exported from Salesforce, it needs to be mapped to a template downloaded from Dynamics 365.
- Navigate to the Data Management section of the settings module.
- Within here you can download the correct import template.
- From this template, you can then copy over the data from the Salesforce excel into the Dynamics template. (making sure the data fields match in each).
- Once this has been saved, you can then import the data from the import data section in the Data Management.
- Once the data import has started, you can then track then import status and any errors that occur.
- If the data that has been imported is incorrect, it can be bulk deleted from within the data import section.