PowerShell Azure Resource Manager Module 6.1.1 has been released!
As of May 25th 2018 Microsoft have released the Azure PowerShell Module version 6.1.1, this update includes changes to the way the ‘scope’ and ‘role’ parameters work:
- Reverting changes made the cmdlet ‘NewAzureRmADServicePrincipal’ – This gave service principals the contribute permission over the users current subscription if no values were provided for the ‘Role’ or ‘Scope’ parameters.
- If no values are provided for the ‘Role’ or ‘Scope’ the service principal will be created without any permissions at all.
- If a ‘Role’ is provided but a ‘Scope’ isn’t the service principal will then be created with the permissions specified by the ‘Role’.
- If a ‘Scope’ is provided but a ‘Role’ isn’t then the service principal will then be created with contribute permissions over the scope specified
- If both ‘Role’ and ‘Scope’ are provided then the service principal will be created with the ‘Role’ permissions rather than the ‘Scope’ permissions
More information on the changes and how to get the latest update as well as previous updates can be found here.
If you would like to learn more about Microsoft’s PowerShell gallery you can visit this link.