We’ve had a number of request come in over the last few weeks in regards to the Skype for Business Outlook plugin disappearing and not being enabled on launch.
During troubleshooting we could see that plugin was not enabled, once we enabled this the plugin reappeared. However, on restart of outlook the plugin would disable itself again.
We found out that plugin was being disabled in registry, the Skype plugin was set to a load behaviour value of 2 which means addon is not enabled. Changing this to a value of 3 meaning that the addon is enabled on launch resolved this issue for us.
- Open RegEdit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\UcAddin.LyncAddin.1
- Find the DWORD named LoadBehavior
- Change this value from 2 to 3