Just a quick post about a problem that was encountered recently when trying to add Categories to a Wiki page in an Enterprise Wiki site. When editing the page, we were unable to type text into the field nor did the Browse Tags window appear.
- Navigate to Central Administration and click Manage Service Application (under the Application Management group)
- Click on your Managed Metadata Service Application. If selected the row, you need to click the Manage button in the Operations group from the ribbon
- Create a new Group and Term Set for which the Wiki category tags will be stored and remember to set the Submission Policy to Open
- Now navigate to the Site Settings of your Wiki site and select Site Content Types (from the Web Designer Galleries group)
- Under the Page Layout Content Types group, select the Enterprise Wiki Page content type
- Click the Wiki Categories link to open the Change Content Type page for that column, then click the Edit Site Column link
- Select the Term Set you created earlier and click Ok