A new feature for SharePoint 2013, the App Management Service stores and provides data for SharePoint App licencing and permissions. It is accessed each time an App is consumed to verify it’s validity. Any licence that is downloaded from the Marketplace is stored in the App Management Service Application.
At a very high level, the following items need to be configured before a SharePoint environment can start to using SharePoint Apps:
- Forward lookup zone for the App domain
- Wildcard CNAME alias for the App domain
- Wildcard SSL certificate for the App domain
- Subscription Settings Service Application
- App Management Service Application
- Provision an App Catalog
If you are considering deploying SharePoint Apps, why not get in touch and see if risual can organise a demonstration of a working App environment?