We recently added an additional Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controller to our domain and found that the BitLocker tab in the Active Directory Users and Computers snap in was not appearing for the laptops.
In Windows Server 2008 you had to download and install the BitLocker Recovery Password Viewer for Active Directory Users and Computers tool and if it were the first time that this tool had been installed you had to run regsvr32.exe BdeAducExt.dll as an Enterprise Administrator.
This has been simplified in Windows Server 2008 R2:
1. Open Server Manager and click on Features.
2. Click on Add Features and browse to the following location:
Remote Server Administration Tools –> Feature Administration Tools
3. Tag the option for BitLocker Drive Encryption Administration Utilities
4. Click on Next and then click on Install
5. You should then see that the installation was successful and can click on Close
If you open Active Directory Users and Computers snap in then you should see the BitLocker Recovery tab appear in the computer objects.