We have had a few requests from our users to have their most used SharePoint Libraries easily accessible as mapped network drives in Windows 7. This can be achieved with the following steps:
1. Go to “Map Network Drive” and click on “Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures”
2. In the wizard that appears click on “Next”
3. Click on “Choose a custom network location”
4. In the Internet or network address but in the URL of your SharePoint document library. E.g.
5. Click on “Next” and in the next screen give it a name that will appear in Explorer
6. Click on “Finish”
If you open up “Computer” and take a look at where your mapped drives are then you should see the SharePoint document library that you just set up and you can browse this using Windows Explorer: