UKEF – Transformation with the Microsoft Cloud
UKEF’s existing outsourced IT services contract was inflexible and incapable of meeting their rapidly changing business needs. UKEF had some difficulties with the support on their old systems and they strived for the services of a company that could provide proactive monitoring. This was impacted by the growing costs of maintaining a partnership with their chosen vendor which culminated in UKEF looking to switch to a cost-efficient alternative, while minimising disruption to their current systems.
There was a substantial risk that changing service providers could potentially threaten the delivery of key business tasks. However, UKEF understood that if the right partner was selected to ensure the project’s success, the switch could drive internal efficiencies and enable further growth.
UKEF were delighted with the outcome of the project, which above all else, helped them achieve significant cost savings as well as providing them with a much more flexible system.
- UKEF achieved a 20% cost saving compared to their old partnership.
- A dynamic system which allows UKEF to work with much more flexibility, something that wasn’t always possible on their previous systems.
- UKEF now have confidence with the support of their systems, which includes risual Managed Services’ proactive and reactive management of the virtual datacentre and Office 365.
- There was minimal disruption for end-users, with the systems experiencing no downtime during regular working hours.
- UKEF are now equipped to deal with any future changes on their system, which has helped push away the idea that their systems are ‘monolithic’. Future-proofing their systems ensures they can continue to carry out key tasks in the future.