Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
The purpose of this apprenticeship is to train Cyber Security Technologists to work effectively within your business environment.
The primary role of a Cyber Security Technologist is to apply an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations to protect organisations systems and people.
Those focused on the technical side work on areas such as security design & architecture, security testing, investigations & response.
Those focussed on the risk analysis side focus on areas such as operations, risk, governance & compliance.
Whether focussed on the technical or risk analysis side, all people in this occupation work to achieve required security outcomes in a legal and regulatory context in all parts of the economy. They develop and apply practical knowledge of information security to deliver solutions that fulfil an organisation’s requirements
Typically 24 Months duration
20% off the Job Training
Work based assessment
What will my apprentice study?
· Cyber Security Introduction
· Network and Digital Communications Theory
· Security Case Development and Design Good Practice
· Security Technology Building Blocks
· Employment of Cryptography
· Risk Assessment
· Governance, Organisation, Law, Regulation & Standards
How will the apprenticeship be assessed?
· Synoptic Project
· Employer reference
· End point assessment interview
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry to both IISP and BCS Associate Membership and for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence. Those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration
Associated job roles:
· Cyber Operations Manager
· Security Architect, Penetration Tester
· Security Analyst, Risk Analyst
· Intelligence Researcher
· Security Sales Engineer
· Cyber Security Specialist
· Information Security Analyst
· Governance & Compliance Analyst
· Information Security Assurance & Threat Analyst
· Forensics & Incident Response Analyst
· Security Engineer
· Information Security Auditor
· Security Administrator
· Information Security Officer
Apprentices could progress onto a Degree Level Apprenticeship or other higher level qualification as required by their employer